Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Day 12
a photo I took earlier this year of the top of a lauhala box (the wooden piece in the foreground is a turtle, btw)


As my response to the True Stories prompt #3 and also as a way to let my new readers learn a little about me, here's a few of my memories... 


I remember a time when I would wear multiple pairs of socks to match every color of my outfit. 
I remember sitting on top of the dog house at night singing Frank Sinatra songs with my cousin at the ripe old age of 10.
I remember the sweatshirt I was wearing when I had my first kiss.  It had Garfield jumping onto an ice cream sundae with the words "Go for it!" across the top. (subliminal message? hmmm....)
I remember daydreaming that my family members and I were the real heroes of Voltes V.
I remember getting whiplash after headbanging to Skid Row's Piece of Me.
I remember the good old days when I could sit and finish a novel in a day. 
I remember the a-ha! moment when I finally realized how the sperm got to the egg, thanks to accidentally seeing a scene from The Howling IV.  
I remember teaching my husband (then boyfriend) how to use MS-DOS.  (Did I mention he now works with computers?)
I remember when I couldn't leave the house without my can of Aqua Net.
I remember the surprise/amusement in Chris's voice when I was able to sing along with the Cure, then the Eagles, then Shai all in one sitting.  
I remember spending my days just walking through art museums in Chicago.
I remember the longest trip of my life -- drive from Baguio City to Manila, flight from Manila to Japan, transfer to L.A., then to Chicago, then to Charlotte, NC, to finally end in Charleston SC.  
I remember thinking I should never have kids.
I remember giggling all the way to the hospital when my water broke. (Those doggie training pads were handy!)
I remember the white knuckles of the man running my driving test as I parked the car at the DMV.  (I didn't get the nickname Mario for nothing! -- as in Andretti) 
I remember smiling like a fool and waving at customers while wearing The Hamburgler costume, forgetting that people couldn't actually see my face. 
I remember when I didn't know what a blog was.  


If only this extra post could count for another day in NaBloPoMo.

4 comments:

  1. You carried me right along with you there :) So full of sights and sounds and little pictures, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can already tell NaBloPoMo is going to help me find so many fun and interesting blogs! Thanks for stopping by mine. I don't know about your but my 3 1/2 year old is 3 going on 15! I can't wait to read more about your life and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice memories - and oh my that WAS a long trip!

    ReplyDelete